- Professor David Bloom's talk, Conference on - "Globalisation
and Higher Education: Views from the South" Cape Town,
South Africa, March 28, 2001
- Higher Education in Developing Countries Presentation
- Seminar at the Aga
- Professor David Blooms speech - The
Aga Khan University Karachi Pakistan February 7, 2001
- Syed Babar Ali Pro-chancellor, LUMS. Conference on Redefining
Higher Education in Pakistan - Welcome
and Introductory Remarks
- The Lahore University of Management Sciences, Lahore Pakistan,
February 5, 2001 - Professor
David Bloom's speech
- Henry Rosovsky - PowerPoint
Presentation [size 57KB]
- Redefining Higher Education in Pakistan Participants
- Donors urged to raise support for higher education, (DAWN, Pakistan's
most widely circulated English language newspaper) - http://www.dawn.com/2001/02/08/nat27.htm
- From Peril to Promise: a Higher
Education e-debate for the British Council
A short report on an e-debate, run in preparation for the seminar
Includes three think pieces: making the case for higher education;
funding; and implementation.
- Conference on Higher
Education and its Socio-Political Context, 22 March 2001,
- Link to World Bank Report: Tertiary
Education Policy in Ghana
- Briefing paper: Asian
University for Women
A short briefing paper on the Asian University for Women which
is due to open in Bangladesh in September 2005.
Education Reform at System and Institutional Level (the case
of Makerere University)
A 20 page case study of a recent reform and development programme
at Makerere University in Uganda by Professor J Epelu-Opio.
- Higher Education in Pakistan: Towards
a Reform Agenda.PDF http://web.mit.edu/bilal/www/education/education_report.pdf
A Contribution to the Task Force on Improvement of Higher Education
in Pakistan by The
Education in Brazil: Challenges and Options
Executive summary: World Bank Sector Study on Higher Education
in Brazil produced in conjunction with the Brazilian Ministry
- Full report: Task
Force on the improvement of Higher Education in Pakistan
Recently completed report on the current state of education,
which outlines a series of national priorities for the reform
of higher education in Pakistan.
- Some observations and comments on "Constructing
Knowledge Societies: New challenges for Tertiary Education."
A response to the World Bank report from ATM Zahurul Huq,
who is unable to make the seminar.
- Two papers outlining the Dutch government's Poverty Reduction
Strategy: see - http://www.minbuza.nl
- Satryo Soemantri Brodjonegoro's paper on the challenges faced
by Higher Education in Indonesia:
Higher Education Reform Network (SSHERN)
And the seminar at Bath witnessed the inauguration of new
network of individuals engaged in the promotion of Higher Education
in the South:
Education Reform in Indonesia
- The Times Higher Education Supplement, "We
must make effort to level playing field", 22 March 2002.
By Henry Rosovsky, David Bloom and David Steven.
Globalization: From Ideas to Action on Higher Education Reform.
December 2002. David E. Bloom, Harvard University.